Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I am a sensitive little soul...

When I was younger, my father used to call me 'sensitive'. It was kind of an insult, I guess. Maybe he did not mean it that way, I just felt (and still feel) embarrassed that I am sensitive. However, I have realized that I it is just how I am. Too much caffiene, any sugar, any flour, not enough sleep or sunlight - I am thrown off. Too many people in a crowd, too much choice, too much of anything, I get overwhelmed and sick. I wish that I was sturdier, but it's just who I am.

It's a little easier for me to take care of myself and understand myself knowing that I can become easily overwhelmed.

1 comment:

  1. It's always good to know who we truly are so that we learn to deal with it. I'm sensitive too, but in a passive way. I don't easily my feelings but I shut down quickly. The only active way that I share feelings is through anger (sadly) and that's something that I've been working on for the longest time. I haven't mastered that yet, but it has gotten a lot better.

    Know your limits and work around them.

    ReplyDelete