Tuesday, January 11, 2011

No Sleep

I am exhausted. I did not sleep last night and I felt nauseated to boot. I was afraid to take an Imovaine because of the sleep eating syndrome. So, I am walking around on three hours of sleep. Still, I did manage to take the baby out. That's cool.

I feel angry at how my husband behaved at my sister's house. He was sluggish, withdrawn and gave me a grumpy look when I asked him to help with the kid. I feel so angry about that because I worked hard at his parent's house to fit in, to help, to let him visit with his family and he did not return that. I feel angry that I cannot say anything without being reminded of "how hard he works for this family". I feel angry that he is not like my two BIL. They help more with the baby, with housework, etc. without becoming whiny little babies. Sometimes it is so obvious that DH was the "baby" of the family. It really shows sometimes. I feel angry that there is no way to express this to him without him becoming defensive and nasty. I feel angry and trapped.

3 comments:

  1. I understand completely. My husband (soon to be ex) was the baby of 13. It's like his mom fed him with a golden spoon and anything she didn't do for him his siblings did so when it comes to responsibilities in his own family he's lacking. I totally get it and the feelings of frustration and entrapment. I'm sorry. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, odds are you won't be able to change him. :) Men don't change very easily. Some things you have to just accept them as they are so they don't drive you crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you slept better last night!

    (FYI: When I changed the name of my blog, it somehow stopped showing my new posts on people's blog roll...so...even if you are a follower...you may need to REfollow me.. I don't know...I'm not sure how to fix that)

    ReplyDelete