Friday, January 7, 2011

Back On Track

Well, yesterday SUCKED. I felt ill, was not able to exercise and wound up overeating. I did not go to the store and binge, but it was very, very close. I read magazine articles about weight lifting, read blogs, sat around, and began to feel a little feverish and ill. GREAT. I am going to be stuck in the house and I will want to binge to get away from the feelings of uselessness and anger. Still, I rallied and made a list of ways to avoid binging. It worked.

Better still, today I don't feel ill. I just finished a great workout and I am going shopping with my kid. I feel much better. I can never be a willow, but I can be strong. That is better anyway. I am going to get another small lifting session in tonight as well.

Yesterday I was reading a book, "The Amazing Adventures Of Diet Girl". The author was a binger, like me, and she went to WW to start losing weight. She weighed 351 pounds when she started. At some point in the book, she writes "The binging days are over for me". That really hit me. I thought to myself "I don't binge anymore". Hmmm. "Binging is not an option". I never thought of that before. In my life, binging urges had to be obeyed. Now when I want to binge, I think "That will mess up my workout". I am not a binger anymore. That part of my life is over.

I have to remember that I go through mood cycles. The last three days have been low. Today is high. I have to watch for the low and make sure that I don't get sucked into them for days.

Lifting Is Life.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could say I no longer binge. I occasionally have an "I don't care" moment and eat whatever I want. *blah* I hate that!

    You left a comment on my blog and I thought I'd come over and answer your questions:
    Do I belong to a religion that doesn't allow me to wear pants? yes and no. I attend a united pentecostal church, which, in general, teaches that women should wear dresses or skirts and be feminine. However, I am not my church. I am me. And I have a personal relationship with God and not with my church...meaning...I do mostly what *I* think the Bible teaches and what I feel about things. So, if I exercise in pants, that's fine (morally) with me. However, I don't really want to because ugh...they are so ugly on me! I have been thinking of getting some footless tights to wear under my skirt..but I haven't yet. Anyway, to answer your question the short way: I CAN wear pants, I just don't want to.

    The other question was about praying with my husband so early in the mornings: For years we prayed seperately. But it is marriage building and bonding to pray with one's spouse, so here lately, we have been. We do it at the early time because by the time he finally gets home in the evenings from working, he's pooped and if he gets down to pray, he's gonna fall asleep ;)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete